Saturday, November 19, 2011

Blue and Pink Floral Lewis and Clark Quilt

This the first Lewis & Clark quilt I made.  This is a queen size quilt.  I love this pattern.  It is very easy.  It was a free pattern on the Internet.  I searched for it today, but I couldn't find it.

Here is a closer view of one corner.  The back is a king size blue sheet.  I trimmed the sheet to the size needed to finish this quilt and folded the sheet to the front side and machine stitched it in place with a decorative stitch.

 Another close-up so you can see the blocks that make this quilt better.

Another close-up.  These squares and rectangles make a 12" finished block.
I put this quilt on my quilting frame.  Pinned it together and took it off the frame.  I quilted it by sewing diagonal lines through the center of each 12" block.  I followed this line from quilt edge to quilt edge.

The alternating 12" finished block is one solid piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment