Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fishing Lewis & Clark Quilt

This is my third Lewis & Clark quilt.  This one is a wide twin size quilt.  I took one row off of the side and the bottom of the original pattern.

A little bit closer view and a little different angle.  I backed this quilt with a tan full size flat sheet.  I trimmed the sheet to the size needed to back the quilt and have enough to fold to the front for a binding.  I machine stitched the binding with a straight stitch.

Here is a closer view of one of the corners.

 A close-up view of one of the blocks.  These squares and rectangles make a 12" finished block.

 The alternating 12" finished block is one solid piece of fabric.

My mom machine quilted this quilt for me.  The pieced blocks have these three fish swimming in a circle in each of them.
The one piece blocks have these fishing tackle boxes in them.

The borders have these fish in rows along them.

No comments:

Post a Comment