My newest completed quilt is called Summertime. It is from The Quilter magazine July 2005 page 20.
This quilt is about 92" by 107" That is what the pattern says. I haven't actually measured mine.
I quilted this quilt on my mom's quilting machine. I carefully quilted the sunflower border to make it look like a border if you looked closely. I got to the end of the quilt and found that I was 8 inches short for what I need on the quilting machine. About 6 inches short of the quilt front.
I had one small piece of fabric left. I cut it into 4 pieces each about 8 inches long and 27 inches wide. That was all the fabric I had. I sewed the strips together on the sewing machine and got a piece then that was 8 inches by 108 inches.
I then had to sew the 108 inch long strip onto the backing that was on the quilting machine by hand.
I sewed the tiniest stitches I could. Knotted it every couple of feet. And had very sore fingers by the time I was done. Thus the name Sunflowers from Hell. Thankfully there was enough fabric to finish the backing.
So much for my nice design of making the sunflower border having it's quilting look like it was making a border. I quilted as close to the edge as I could and was ready to chop most of the border off, but mom talked me out of it. I'm glad she did.
I actually love this quilt and should give it a nice name. LOL.