Friday, January 20, 2012

T-Shirt Fabric Scarf

This scarf can be made from a T-shirt.  I had fabric given to me, so I used that. Click here to see the video I sort of watched to learn from.

Here is how I made mine.

 Use a 9" plate for your template.  I tried a 12 1/2" plate originally, but there wasn't enough curl at the top when the piece was help up in the air.


 I used a disappearing ink pen to trace around the plate.


I cut the fabric two layers at at time.  Here is the first set of circles.  I then made a dotted line with the same marker.  I marked my cut lines 2" apart.  Make the line from zero to 2" from the edge a very gradual line.  I went almost halfway around the outside edge before I got to the 2" wide mark.  My first one was too sharp of an angle and it didn't hang nicely.


 Here is my circle after it was cut.


I placed the cut circle on the next section of fabric and cut it out.  I followed the cutting lines by slowly moving the cut piece away while I cut along the edge of the piece of fabric still in place.


 Still working my way around the cutting line. You will need Six spiral cut strips.


Here are my six strips cut.


 I cut another piece of fabric 4" wide and 3" long.


Make two stacks with 3 spiral cut pieces together in each stack and place  the pointed edges so they meet together on the fabric rectangle as shown above.


Fold 1/3 of the rectangle up over the stacked pieces.


Fold the top edge of the rectangle down to meet the bottom fold line.


 Pin all pieces together.


Sew around the edge of the rectangle and again in the center to secure all the pieces together.  The scarf is now finished.


 The completed scarf.

1 comment:

  1. Wow This is so beautiful. Thanks For Sharing Jane... I will make one soon.

    ReplyDelete