Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Mermaid Tail bag and Shark blanket Bag

Now that Christmas is over I can post these pictures.  I bought the fleece at the Black Friday sale.  I think the fleece was about $3.48 a yard.  I can't remember for sure, but it was less then $4.00 a yard.  I bought 1 yard of the main body fabric and 1/2 half yard of fin fabric.

I see these bags on Pinterest and decided I could make my own pattern and make the bags out of fleece.  Each bag is about 25 inches wide and 40 inches long.

This bag is pink.  I put the scales on the front only.  I liked it without the scales until I finished the shark bag.  After comparing the two the mermaid bag looked plain and boring.

1/4 of a yard each of red and white was plenty for the teeth and lips.  These bags were fun, fast, and easy.  Even the teeth were easy.

1 comment:

  1. my gosh Jene, you are so talented... gardening and sewing... what a great life, huh?!

    ReplyDelete