Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Three Purple Dresses

I went to a local thrift store one day to see what fabric I could find and found this.  About 3 1/2 yards of fabric.  I see why they got rid of it too.  See how the design ends on the picture on the right near the price tag.  Well that is how it ends and begins down the center of the fabric without any raw edges finished or meeting together. Nothing can be placed on the center fold without looking terrible.


I got three little girl plain dress out of this fabric and could have gotten more if I could have used the center fold.

This is the pattern I used.  The pattern was 99 cents and the zippers were on sale for about 1 dollar each and I had matching thread already so the three dress cost about $8 to make.


The three little girls got together to try on their dresses and the youngest one wouldn't hold still for a picture.  Of course the others had to be wild if the little one was being wild. Hubby got the girls dancing on the coffee table and got this picture.  This is the best one any of us could get.
The oldest one wants matching purses for each girl since there is plenty of fabric left.  That probably won't happen.  I don't think any of them have worn their dresses yet and they were made during the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment