Thursday, July 17, 2014

Blooming Nine Patch Quilt - This one is for sale

Here is one of my favorite quilts.  I took forever it seems like to make.  The small squares are 1 1/4" and the large squares are 3 3/4".
My favorite quilts are the ones made from tiny pieces, but I don't like to take the time to make them.

 This quilt is 75" x 86".  It is a little wider and a little shorter than the standard twin bed size.

A closer look at this quilt.

The backing is hand dyed fabric.  This was the fabric that started this quilt.  I quilted this with an extra large stippling stitch.  I didn't want the quilting to take away from the design and it didn't.  I rolled the backing to the front for the binding and mitered the corners.  It is quilted in a peach colored thread.

I will take this quilt to my mom's house to sell at her fall craft fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment